Top 5 benefits of Sambar for all health-conscious people out there!
It’s impossible to imagine those hot idlis and crispy dosas or vadas without a bowl of sambar if you like South Indian food. Just this savoury stew comes with loads of health benefits.
Sambar is a famous Indian stew prepared with pulses and vegetables and hence it makes it one of the healthiest dishes to try if you are health conscious. It is not just an assortment of different flavors but healthy bites from some of the most nutritious vegetables like brinjal, gourd, lady’s finger, and drumstick. With sambar, you can easily complete your meal.
- Great source of fiber: As sambar contains a lot of vegetables, it has a high quality of fiber and this fiber is perfect for the heart as you feel full for a longer time avoiding junk food.
- Loaded with proteins: Sambar is made of pulses that are high in protein and the building blocks for our body, also useful in hair repair, growth, and weight management as well.
- High on antioxidant: This stew is also high in antioxidants and vitamins and minerals like zinc, iron, folate, and magnesium as it also has a combination of spices like turmeric, curry leaves, mustard seeds, and red pepper. These ingredients help not only in weight management but also build immunity.
- Perfect for digestion: As sambar contains water and fiber-based vegetables, it helps in better digestion.
- Helps weight loss: Due to the light-weight of this stew, the stomach feels full but with nutritious elements, hence helps in weight loss. If you feel like having more, you can increase the quantity of sambar in your diet.